IMPORTANT NOTICE: Read this entire Window City Warranty before purchasing or installing this product. By installing or using this product you are acknowledging and accept that this warranty is part of the terms of sale.
All Window City products are manufactured to Window City’s standard manufacturing tolerances. All our products are tested by Canadian Standards Association (CSA) and comply with American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) standards.
This warranty applies only to Window City’s vinyl Patio Doors. Window City makes the following exclusive express warranties for Window City products installed in owner occupied single family homes subject to the stated conditions and limitations.
Window City’s transferable warranty applies only to patiodoor that are installed by Window City authorized dealers.
This warranty takes effect on the date when the original warranty was registered. The warranty is transferable to a second owner only. To activate the warranty for a second owner, the Certificate of the transferable warranty must be registered and mailed to Window City.
ULTRA PATIO DOORS (SLIDING & SWING COLLECTION)
Please note: the above warranties commence from the date of original purchase from Window City and apply only to owner-occupied single-family homes. All multi-residential and/or commercial applications have a 2 year limited warranty on all items from the date of original purchase from Window City.
1. WHITE PATIO DOOR FRAMES AND SASHES – NON-PRORATED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Window City warrants all vinyl patio door frames and sash against such defects in material and workmanship that might result in blistering, peeling, flaking, corroding or fading within generally accepted industry standards for the time period stated.
2. CAPSTOCK COLOURS – TEN YEAR LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Window City warrants all vinyl capstock patio doors frames and sashes against such defects in material and workmanship that might result in blistering, peeling, flaking, corroding, de-lamination or fading for the first 10 years. The capstock warranty pertains to the exterior surface only and has no bearing on UV exposure that occurs naturally on an exterior surface. Corner welds on capstock patio doors may fade over time and colour touch-up is the responsibility of the homeowners.
3. FACTORY APPLIED COLOUR PAINT – FIVE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Window City warrants factory applied water based standard colours against such defects in material and workmanship that might result from paint peeling, flaking, cracking and major discolouration for the first 5 years that is not caused by exposure to sunlight, heat and/or noxious or abrasive materials.
4. PATIO DOOR HARDWARE- TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Window City warrants the hardware against defects for two years excluding abuse of hardware. When multipoint hardware is required, it must be factory installed at the time of purchase and all locking positions must be active at all times in order for this warranty to be in effect for any period.
5. NON-DECORATIVE TEMPERED GLASS – TEN YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Window City warrants that non-decorative insulated tempered glass sealed units are covered for the first 10 years against failure of the unit. A sealed unit failure is defined as a loss of the seal between the glass and seal resulting in moisture or dust infiltrating the air space between the opposing glass surfaces. Under no circumstances is broken or cracked glass covered under warranty.
6. DECORATIVE INSULATED GLASS – TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (Swing only)
Decorative glass or wrought iron accents shall also be free from manufacturing defects in material or workmanship that significantly impair their proper operation and function for the time period stated.
According to the Canadian Glazing Standards Board (CGSB) for glazing quality glass, defects such as minute bubbles, eyes, crystals and/or scratches are normal and inherent to any manufactured glass product. Window City warrants that the tempered glass utilized in its patio door products has been manufactured in accordance with the Canadian Glazing Standards Board for glazing quality.
If Window City is given notice of a defect occurring within the time-frames listed above, Window City shall, at its sole discretion:
- Repair or replace the defective item (with cost of labour included only within one  year of the date of purchase)
- Refund the original purchase price.
EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY
COVERS ALL WINDOWS, ALL PATIO DOORS AND ALL ENTRY DOORS
Damages from the following are excluded from coverage under these warranties.
1) Product failure, loss or damage due to:
- Products that have not been paid for in full.
- If a dealer knowingly installs and/or reports a product with visible defect(s) after goods have been picked up or delivered and signed off, with such defects, but not limited to scratches, dents, cracks and/or damaged components without notifying Window City prior to installation.
- Products subjected to conditions or use outside their design limitations
- All windows that are manufactured outside Window City’s published minimum and maximum sizes.
- Windows ordered other than to Window City’s specifications.
- Any window which has been repaired or modified by any person other than a factory-trained Service Technician or authorized Window City representative.
- Abuse of hardware such as over tightening of mechanism which may cause the roto gear to strip
- Normal wear from product usage or age, including normal wear and tear of weather-stripping
- Normal wear, fading or discolouration of finish from product usage, age or exposure to direct sunlight.
- Corner welds on coloured windows and doors may fade over time. Colour touch-up is the responsibility of the home owner.
- Improper storage, handling, installation, finishing, use, modification, accident, misuse, abuse, alterations, improper handling, operation or cleaning
- Storage of windows outside
- Structural settlement, movement or vibration
- Improperly installed security systems
- Products with modifications that are not approved by Window City
- Finishing or modifying the structure containing repaired or replaced product.
- The purchase, damage, repair or replacement of non-Window City products
- Application of after-market window films to glass surfaces
- Accidents, including accidental glass breakage or cracking , not the fault of Window City, which results in seal failure
- Damage and/or discolouration, not the fault of Window City, to blinds or shades sealed between glass associated with wear and tear through product use, sun exposure, abuse or age
- Damage to glass as a result of installation at elevations above 4,000 feet.
- Damage caused by high in-home humidity (condensation, frost and mould).
- Damage caused by inappropriate finishes, solvents, brick-wash, or cleaning chemicals.
- Mechanical abrasion to finishes.
- Non-factory-applied finishes, applied sealants or caulking. Finishes applied by your local dealer/contractor are not covered by this warranty.
- All warranties are void if a storm door is installed over the door due to excessive heat
- Products or finishes exposed to excessive localized heat, high-moisture environments (including pools, hot tubs and greenhouses) or water leakage.
- Condensation on glass which may occur as a natural result of humidity within the house or building area.
- Please refer to oee.nrcan.gc.ca for condensation prevention tips.
- Products (panel, moldings, light rims and frame) not properly finished within 30 days of installation.
- Acts of God or nature
- Acid rain or other corrosive elements.
- Salt spray, including exposure to coastal weather conditions
- Under no circumstances is broken or cracked glass covered under warranty
2) Minor imperfections in the product.
- Minor imperfections in glass that do not affect the product’s structural integrity or significantly obscure vision (including textures, swirls and air bubbles in decorative glass). The imperfection must be visible from a distance of no less than six (6’) feet from the surface, as per industry standards.
- Minor variations in glass colour.
- Minor imperfections in the panel and/or frame graining or colour.
3) Installation inconsistent with Recognized industry standards.
- Damage resulting in whole or in part from installation inconsistent with Window City’s recognized industry Installation procedures.
- Altered or reinstalled products.
- Products used in non-vertical glazing applications.
Window City products labeled with the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) Energy Performance label are tested in accordance with NFRC standards. NFRC ratings are based on a combination of computer simulations and physical testing of product samples. For details on NFRC energy performance ratings, go to www.NFRC.org.
This Limited Warranty is not a statement of the useful life of any Window City products.
With the exception of a written statement signed by an authorized Window City representative, this Limited Warranty and all the terms contained herein constitutes the entire agreement between Window City/Seller and Buyer/User. This Limited Warranty, including all Limitations of Liability contained herein, is made a part of any such written agreement, unless expressly excluded therein. By purchasing or using the product covered by this Limited Warranty, Buyer and User agree that they are not relying on any oral statements made by anyone that are in any way contrary to this Limited Warranty.
No Amendment Except in Writing.
Window City and Seller offer this product, and Buyer and User accept it, subject to the foregoing Limited Warranty, which may be modified only by written agreement signed by a duly authorized representative of Window City.
CLAIMS UNDER THESE WARRANTIES
Prompt Notice of Claim.
Within the warranty period, Buyer or User shall notify Window City immediately, and in no case more than one (1) year after any defect or other basis of a claim covered by these Limited Warranties is discovered or should have been discovered. Any claims otherwise covered by the foregoing warranties, but for which Window City did not receive notice within one (1) year from the time the problem first became known, shall be barred.
Window City’s obligation is limited to repairing or replacing a product it deems to be defective. Window City shall have a reasonable time to remedy any defect and the owner will provide reasonable assistance. No compensation will be provided for loss of time, inconvenience, commercial loss, or special consequential or other damages. If an identical replacement part is not available, Window City may use parts of comparable or greater quality.
LIMITED WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE.
Homeowner must contact the dealer who installed the Window City product in their home. Window City dealers are required to inspect warranty claims before submitting claim information.
During the first year of the warranty period labour costs are covered by Window City on approved warranty claims.
To make a claim under these Limited Warranties, please complete a Service Request Form on-line at www.windowcity.com